lördag, februari 09, 2019

Aliens

Reading the Aliens - Dust to Dust 4 part comic reminded me of the underlying human drive for survival in the daunting shadow of overwhelming odds against survival. It's present in the first three movies and most of the Aliens comics. That drive to not give up even though it's hopeless, to just keep on moving. Reminds me of a dream I had once where the world was ending and I was running away from the destruction, even though it was a fruitless endeavor and there was no salvation I still ran. As long as there is motion, there is life.

The Dust to Dust comic actually had a pretty happy and not very believable ending. Which I found very unsatisfying. I want my Aliens stories to end bleakly and with little to no hope (yeah, I know the first two movies had happy endings, but they lead to the third and proper ending to Ripley's journey).